Do you want your high school diploma, a better job or increased independence? Do you struggle with math, understanding what you read, filling in documents, time management, problem solving or computer skills? Do you want to upgrade these skills?
With the Literacy & Essential Skills Program you can:
- Improve your academic skills to get ready for high school credits
- Increase your employment opportunities
- Achieve greater independence
The Learning Centres offer:
- Welcoming, safe and friendly classrooms
- Individual learning plans
- Self-paced learning
- Computers in all classrooms
- Transportation assistance to eligible participants
- Daytime and evening classes
- Part time and full time
Call or come in for your free skills assessment.
- How can I register for the Literacy Program?
Drop in or call the Learning Centre nearest you.
- What are the program hours?
Day classes: Monday to Friday, 9:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Night classes September - June (Barrie): Thursdays, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Summer 2017 (Barrie)
- Computers for Work: June 12-23; Monday - Thursday; 9:30am-12:30pm
- Literacy and Essential Skills: July 4-31; Monday - Thursday; 9:30am-12:30pm
- Computers for Work: July 10-14; 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Soft Skills Soultions: July 17-16; 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Computers for Work: July 31 - Aug 4; Monday - Friday; 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Literacy and Essential Skills: Aug 1 - 18; Monday - Thursday; 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Soft Skills Solutions: Aug 8 - 17; 9:30am - 2:30pm